The RavImageExport Xtra provides Director developers the ability to save a cast member or the Stage to one of several supported graphic file formats at runtime and dynamically change the dimensions or bit depth of the exported image. The Xtra is completely self contained and does not require any other Xtra. A developer can save the complete cast member or Stage to a file or specify a part of the image to export. It supports multiple compression codecs and every possible bit depth. The Xtra supports many common and uncommon bit depths and compression codecs because all the code was created and hand optimized by RavWare for use in Director. The Xtra squeezes every last byte out of the image and consistently leads to the smallest possible files. The Xtra can also export from and to external sources such as the clipboard or other Xtras. The supported file formats include JPEG, PNG, TIFF, CUR, ICO, BMP/DIB, RLE , TGA and others. The RavImageExport Xtra also has the ability to return a UUENCODED form of any of the file formats for you to post to a server for uploading of an image. The Xtra only uses patent free technologies so your application is safe from the fees and legal hassles that licensing these patents cost. The Xtra was designed from the ground up to be the fastest, smallest, and most versatile Image Exporting Xtra available.
The Xtra will work for D6 through MX 11.5 applications and is Shockwave safe.
* The compression and imaging codecs have been written and optimized by RavWare for Director
* The Xtra is under 200kb and has very fast output
* Supports all bit depths (1,4,8,16,24,32) for the various formats and all legal compression schemes
* Change the width / height / bit depth for the output file dynamically on export
* Export from external sources such as the clipboard or another Xtra
* UUENCODE generated files for server upload
* Patent free - does not put your application at risk by infringing any known patents. The Xtra was designed to be completely free of any known patent issues and does NOT illegally violate the patents on LZW files.
* Image "Save As" dialog that will automatically build the correct format filters