The RavWare OpenGL Xtra gives Director developers the ability to use the OpenGL™ API from Director. The Xtra supports more than 250 functions that can add 3D and 2D effects to create everything from real time 3D games, texture mapped 3D text, to any shape imaginable. The Xtra can be used in scientific and medical visualization applications and add unique charting effects to create stunning photo realistic images. Screen savers created with Director can take on a completely new look and do things previously impossible in Director. The thousands of lines of free source code in games and tools that already exist and the 10+ books on OpenGL make the API easy to use and understand. The Xtra can use bitmap cast members as textures. Also, the Xtra provides the ability to use OpenGL to render to a memory buffer, save to a image file, or render the OpenGL output to a sprite cast member. You can also treat the OpenGL output as you would any sprite object including ink effects, and optionally Directors quad and skew features.
The Xtra allows the developer to decide at runtime which OpenGL implementation to use. They can choose to link to the hardware accelerated Microsoft™ OpenGL implementation or the Silicon Graphics™ software optimized Cosmo™ library or any OpenGL compliant library.
* All 250 + OpenGL and GLU functions are supported.
* Use any OpenGL compliant DLL implementation.
* Provides functions to convert any bitmap cast member to a texture.
* The RavWare OpenGL Script Xtra is under 200 kb and the RavWare OpenGL Sprite Xtra is under 40KB.
* OpenGL Function Manual with Lingo Prototypes
* Export OpenGL output to a cast member , sprite , or to an Image file.
* Use external sources for textures
* Hardware Acceleration Windowed Buffers